How many times have you:
Wasted time stood watching your microplate mixing because you had to change the speed every few minutes?
Risked your results because you left something standing for too long when you didn’t know it had finished?
Had to redo a step in your method because your mixer had thrown your samples across the room?
Been forced to change your method because your mixer can’t do what you need it to?
Experience what it feels like to use the Co-Mix (in 30 seconds):
The Co-Mix is a laboratory mixer with an independent built-in vortex pad that you can use simultaneously - That makes it different to any other mixer out there.
It’s fully programmable, allowing you to create and store your own unique mixing profiles with variable ramp rates, mixing times and mixing speeds – That makes the Co-Mix different to any other mixer too.
It isn’t an ugly, off-white coloured box – No more information needed on that one!
Here's a few more videos to show you what the Co-Mix’s capabilities are:
Ashley Demos the Co-Mix at Pittcon:
Highly controlled microplate mixing:
High-speed tube vortexing:
Zero force loading and unloading:
If you have had to purchase more than one lab mixer/shaker in the last year, you obviously haven’t got a Co-Mix.
The University of Kent’s Medway School of Pharmacy used to have that problem. We interviewed Dr Gubala to find our more about his research on nanoparticles, you can read that here or watch the video:
Key Features and TechSpecs
- Excellent stability and control at high speeds (>3000RPM)
- Pre-loaded with commonly used mixing profiles
- Customize, name and store up to 100 unique, user-defined mixing profiles
- Visual countdown timer and audible alert for completion of mixing or vortexing
- Simultaneous, independently controlled mixing and vortexing
- Intuitive, easy-clean touch-screen display
- Innovative plate-holding mechanism to avoid sample spillage or contamination when loading and unloading microplates
- Vortex pad supports most tube formats
- Full set of adapter plates included for 96 and 384 well microplates in skirted, semi-skirted and unskirted variants plus deep-well plates, 0.2ml PCR tubes and PCR strips as well as 0.5, 1.5 and 2.0ml microcentrifuge tubes.
- 3mm mixing orbit
- Mixing of PCR and enzyme preparations
- DNA isolation methods
- Mixing of viscous liquids
- Mixing samples during incubation stages
- Resuspension of genetic material
- Mixing of ELISA immunoassays
- Mixing of bacterial or cell cultures